Sunday, December 14, 2008

New Puppy, 5 days so far... This is ok!




Well I cant complain, 5 days is pretty good in my book for Aurora lately! She hasnt gone 5 days without a seizure in a while!




She started her increase tonight on the Depakote. She is at 125MG once a day. Its a BIG pain in the butt because its sprinkles, so that means I have to split it up... she gets 1/2 in the morning, and half mid-day! I hate having to split up powder! UGH... but after doing it a week, its ok I guess! Tonight she got another whole 125MG pill (Sprinkle) so she is now as of today on 250MG. She will stay at this for one week and get her blood work done next week to make sure her count is good, and liver!




We decided all that Aurora has been through that we wanted to give her a little suprise, and got her a new puppy. His name is "Tank" and he is 8 weeks old. He fits very nicely into our growing family! She was so excited not to just have the new puppy but that Layla our golden Retriever would have a "NEW BEST FRIEND!" She was Flipped out for Layla... it was adorable! Layla and Tank are BUDS already...




Tommorow is Aurora's Pre-Op appointment for her MRI. I have to pick up all the records to bring to Boston for the Epilepsy appointment. We are going to be staying in Boston a couple nights so we want to do some fun stuff with Aurora while we are there!




Anyways. Here is to another good day. I am so glad my little girl went 5 days! She is such an amazing child, and despite all this BS she has gone through she just florishes everyday..... I love her so much!




I hate Epilepsy... I feel so bad that other parents are going through the same thing we are. Its a horrible feeling. No one can EVER relate unless they have a child going through it. But I do want to say thank you to all my friends and family, you have been such a great support, especially in the last 8 weeks! THANKS! It means alot to me, and especially to Aurora to have her friends and family around!




For now, Good night!

No comments: